Dear QISS Families and Friends,
With week 17 of the 2016-2017 academic year complete, we now move into our final week of Quarter 2. We can proudly reflect of all of the incredible achievements the QISS community have accomplished in the first semester of this school year. Thanks to the dedication of teachers, parents, students and staff, the QISS community is stronger than eve. The incredible success of the QISS Annual Holiday Gala is a testament to that strength.
This Weekly Update blog contains important information about the upcoming week, as we move towards they Quarter 2 Key Assignments and Winter Program.
Quarter 2 Key Assignments and Winter Program: Friday, December 16th, 2016
Please be reminded that instead of occurring on a Saturday, as our Key Assignments usually do, this quarter the Key Assignments will be held on Friday, December 16th. The Key Assignments will be followed by
Below is the schedule of events for Key Assignment and Winter Program;
8:20 a.m. – Students / Parents Arrival at School (all students to Homeroom)
학생/학부모 학교에 도착 (학생은 각 반에 집합)
8:30 a.m. – PTA General Meeting in the Theater
礼堂举行家长教师联合会议 PTA전체회의- 대강당
9:00 a.m. – Key Assignment Presentations – Session 1
课业展示 第一阶段 키어사인먼트 발표 1부
- Grade 1&7 – “Story Buddies” (2nd Floor Computer Lab)
- Grade 4 – “Journey on the Silk Road” (Gym)
- Grade 6 – “Presentation of Spanish/Latin American Festivals” (US 207)
- Grade 10 – “Moot Court: Genocide, Who’s Responsible?” (US 502)
- Grade 11&12 – “Qhan Academy” (US Band Room)
10:00 a.m. – Key Assignment Presentations – Session 2
课业展示第二阶段 키어사인먼트 발표 2부
- Grade 1&4 – “Zoo Visiting” (LS 401)
- Grade 3 – “Invention Convention” (US Band Room)
- Grade 6&7 – “QISSonian Museum of Art History” (LS 405)
- Grade 9 QCIE – “Next Generation Scientist: Ecosystem Equilibrium in the Aquaponics Cycle” (US 103)
- Grade 10 QISS & QCIE – “Angry Birds Retrieving the Eggs” (US 405)
- Grade 12 – “Knowledge Keepers of the Sun” (US 205)
11:00 a.m. – Key Assignment Presentations Session – 3
课业展示第三阶段 키어사인먼트 발표 3부
- Grade 2 – “How the World Works” (US Band Room)
- Grade 4 – “Spring Festival Celebration” (LS 403)
- Grade 6 – “Create Your Own Bank” (US 403)
- Grade 8 – “The Greek Polis: Sparta vs. Athens” (US 309)
- Grades 9-12 – “Favorite Places in Qingdao” (US 207)
- Grades 9-12 – “Ballet: White Vengeance” (US Mini Theatre)
12:00 Noon – Family Lunch in the Cafeteria 学校餐厅午餐 점심식사- 학교식당
1:00 p.m. – Winter Program in the QISS Theatre. The PTA will be selling refreshments and snacks during the intermission (approximately 1:45 – 2:15).
1:00 p.m. – 年度冬季汇演在礼堂召开。家长教师联合会将会在演出中段休息时间（1:45-2:15）内为大家提供饮品和零食。
오후 1시에터 강당에서 겨울공연을 진행됩니다. PTA에서 공연 중간 휴식 시간(약1:45-2:15）에 여러분께 음료수와 간식을 판매합니다.
3:30 p.m. – Dismissal 活动结束，校车发车 모든활동 마침- 귀가
The final PEP Talk for 2016 will be held tomorrow in the QISS coffee shop. The topic of this PEP Talk is “ELL and Tips to Avoid the Holiday Slide”. We know that students who don’t continue to practice skills throughout long holidays can slip out of good study routines and fail to progress academically. Here we present tips and advice from our ELL department on how to avoid that.
We look forward to seeing you there!
On Key Assignment and Winter Program day, we will be joined by a book fair organised by REDSTAR and Obido. They also joined us for International Day. Please make sure you visit them in at the Rock Climbing wall to check out the books on offer.
Click the link below to see some photo highlights from the QISS Annual Holiday Gala 2016
UPCOMING EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- December 3: SAT
- December 10: PTA Holiday Gala
- December 16: End of Q2 / Q2 Key Assignments / Winter Program
- December 19 – January 6: Winter Break
- January 13: Q2 Report Cards
- January 17: Teacher In-Service / Student Half Day
- January 20-22: CISS MUN
- January 21: SAT
- January 25: China Day
- January 27-February 10: Spring Festival Holiday