Dear QISS Families and Friends,
We are on the eve of the 2017 QISS International Festival. There are so many people involved in the planning of this great event. Jenny Parkinson, Gina Underwood and their team of parents & staff on the International Festival Committee have spent many hours over the last 4-5 weeks planning for this great event. We come together as a community to celebrate our diversity. We do it for our children. Let's really enjoy our day tomorrow!
Also, we would like to thank the parents that joined us for our September PEP Talks this past Tuesday. We feel our student volunteers did a fantastic job during their presentation. The PPT for that presentation can be found on our school's website under the Community tab.
The International Festival Committee, PTA Executive Board, and the QISS staff cordially invite you to come out tomorrow morning, Saturday, September 23rd from 10am until 1pm for some great fun learning and exploring the different cultures of the world. There will be food from all around the world, performances, arts & crafts, and other activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Important Reminders for International Festival:
1. It is a scheduled school day. All students are expected to attend.
2. Buses will run 1 hour later in the morning for arrival (Students that do not ride the bus, should arrive by 9am and go to the gymnasium to check in)
3. If parents are attending and have not made arrangements for QISS supervision, parents will be responsible for the supervision of their child during the event.
4. Buses depart in the afternoon at 1:30pm
5. Parent are not allowed to ride the school buses per Bus Safety Regulations.
인터네셔널 데이 중요공지:
인터네셔널 데이는 정규 수업일에 해당되는 날이며모든 학생들은 등교해야 합니다.
버스는 오전 한시간 늦은 시간 운행됩니다.(버스를 타지 않는 학생들은 9시까지 학교에 도착 체육관으로 모입니다.)
학부모님께서 인터네셔널 데이에 참석하시고 학교에 학생관리 신청서를 제출하지 않으신경우 학부모님이 직접 자녀들을 지도 관리 하셔야 합니다.
오후 버스는 1시30분 학교에서 출발합니다.
학부모님들께서는 버스안전규정에 따라 교내버스를 이용하실 수 없습니다.
Notice: There is NO Saturday Swimming Program tomorrow, September 23rd, due to the International Festival. Saturday Swimming will continue on October 14th after we return from the October holiday.
Reminder: QISS Skills Development Soccer Camp begins Sunday, September 24th. Registration is now closed. Those that registered, please arrive by 8:30am to receive water and soccer ball. Day 1 camp will end at 10:30am.
QISS SPIRIT WEAR is now on sale!!!
Please support our QISS Sharks Athletic Program by purchasing a QISS t-shirt or jacket.
Download the brochure and order form here --> fall_2017_order_form_for_spirit_wear.pdf
Order forms are due by Friday, September 29th
Please bring exact change
Congratulations to our Middle School girls' soccer team for a well played match versus ISQ on Thursday. The game ended in a 1-1 draw. Go Sharks!!!
Week 7 School Photos
UPCOMING EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- September 23 (TOMORROW) - International Festival in the QISS Courtyard from 10am - 1pm
- September 24 - QISS Skills Development Soccer Camp, Day 1, 8:30am to 10:30am (Registration is closed)
- October 2 - School Holiday (No classes)
- October 3 - School Holiday (No classes)
- October 4 - School Holiday (No classes)
- October 5 - School Holiday (No classes)
- October 6 - School Holiday (No classes)
- October 14 - Quarter 1 Key Assignments