Downloading: lrc_and_chinese_language_course_application_chinese.doc QISS Weekly Update: 2017-2018 WEEK 4
Dear QISS Families and Friends,
The QISS leadership team, teachers, and staff would like to say "thank you" for attending the 2017-2018 Open House nights this week. We hope you had the opportunity to learn a little more about your child's teacher and the upcoming school year. We are proud to showcase the outstanding QISS teaching staff. They work tirelessly preparing their classrooms and their lessons to meet the needs of each and every child.
The teachers would like to give a special thank you to our Middle School and High School student volunteers for helping guide and interpret for our parents. They put in long hours and it was greatly appreciated! Our wonderful K-12 counselor, Joyce Orobello, organized the young students for the two nights.
- Tuesday, September 5th is a STUDENT HALF DAY. Students will be dismissed at 1pm. QISS school buses will depart at 1pm. If your child does not ride the school bus, please make arrangements to pick them up by 1pm. Teachers will be in professional development sessions that afternoon.
- After School Activity Program (Tuesdays & Thursdays) (ASAP) will begin on Thursday, September 7. Buses will depart at 4:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays through November 30th. ***Pre K/Kindergarten children will dismiss at 3:15 on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Pre K/Kinder bus will depart at 3:15 as well.
- Saturday morning Director's Swimming Program is ongoing (9am - Noon). See you tomorrow!
- Learning Resource Center (LRC) for students is continuing to take applications. (see attachments below for application form and contact information)
- FREE Saturday Chinese or English Learning Lessons for QISS Parents & Staff is continuing to take applications (see attachments below for application)
Open House Nights 2017-2018
Week 4 Photos from the classroom
UPCOMING EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND IMPORTANT DATES
September 5 - Student Half Day (dismiss at 1pm)
ALL SPORTS TRYOUTS ARE 3:30 to 5:00pm
September 4 - Girls Varsity Volleyball tryout (day 2), Boys Middle School Soccer tryout (day 1)
September 6 - Boys Middle School Soccer tryout (day 2)
September 7 - Boys Varsity Volleyball tryout (day 2), Girls Middle School Soccer tryout (day 1)
September 12 - Girls Middle School Soccer tryout (day 2)
September 8 - Q1 Progress Reports
September 19 - PEP Talk "Life at an International School"
September 23 - International Festival
September 24 - QISS Soccer Skills Development Camp begins. (4 Sundays) Registration information coming home soon.