Dear QISS Families and Friends,
Welcome back from the Chinese New Year, Spring Festival break. From all of us here at QISS, we hope you had a very safe and relaxing time, enjoying the company of friends and family. We now return to school with refreshed energy and a drive to get stuck into 2017 in earnest. Week 22 has been a week of catching up with friends and getting back into the rythm of study. We were pleased to see that our students diligently maintained their academics during the break to avoid the "Holiday Slide". This week culminated with the Honor Roll Assembly, where we celebrated the achievements of our students throughout the 1st semester. Thank you to all of the parents who attended our Honor Roll Assemblies, and congratulations to the students who received their Honor Roll awards.
Festival of Words
Next week we will begin a fun week that celebrates literacy called - the Festival of Words (FOW). The Festival of Words is a week-long celebration of literacy that will happen on February 20-24. Our theme this year is Poetry Aloud and we have a few activities that we wanted to let you know about so that you can help your child celebrate.
- February 20th: Monday afternoon between 12:35 and 2:50 our students will gather together in the theater for the FOW opening ceremony where we have invited renowned Chinese poet Gao Wei to share her poems and words of wisdom. Also, during the opening ceremony, teachers will engage the audience with a Poetry Slam, a friendly competition used to share poetry.
- February 21st: Tuesday afternoon, top spellers from each grade will compete in the final round of the QISS Spelling Bee in the theater.
G 1-2: 12:30 - 12: 55 PM
G 3-5: 1:00 - 1:35 PM
G 6-8: 1:40 - 2:20 PM
G 9-12: 2:25 - 3:15 PM
- February 24th: Friday afternoon during our closing ceremony, we have invited Lower School students to dress up as their favorite book characters to walk a runway on stage to show off their costumes then the Upper School students will perform their poems in a student led poetry slam.
We are looking forward to a week of celebrating words, books, poetry through games, competitions, and community.
Open House Tour
The first QISS Open House Tour for 2017 will be held on Thursday, February 23rd. This is an open event for anyone thinking about joining QISS. Please feel free to invite your friends and encourage members of the QISS community to take advantage of this opportunity to;
- Meet the QISS leadership team
- Ask the questions that matter to you
- Tour our state-of-the-art facilities
- Join our vibrant international school community
QISS Alumni Facebook Page
We are proud to present the new QISS Alumni Facebook page. This is a Facebook community where past QISS students can connect with their classmates, share fond memories and keep in touch. Click this link to visit the QISS Alumni Facebook page
QISS Spirit Wear is Back!
Do you want to represent the QISS Sharks in style? Show off your Shark Cred by wearing the latest QISS spirit wear threads. See the attached order form for pricing details: spirit_wear_part_3_form.docx
Dear QISS Skill’s Development Baseball Camp Participants and Parents,
QISS 야구 캠프참가 학생 및 학부모님께,
Welcome to the Qingdao #1 International School of Shandong Province (QISS) 2nd Annual 2016-2017 QISS Skill’s Development Sports Camp. QISS will hold a Baseball Skill’s Developmental Sport Camp this spring season to support “The Love of the Game” with our students. The philosophy of our camp is to promote sportsmanship, proper skill development cues and most importantly, fun. Students deserve a chance to enjoy sports with their family members and friends whenever the opportunity arises. Here at the QISS Skill’s Development Sports Camp, we encourage all our athletes to have fun each camp session. The structure of the camp will be as follows:
QISS 두번째 2016-2017 학년도 정기 스포츠 캠프의 참가를 환영합니다. 저희는 이번 봄 학생들과 함께 “스포츠 열정”을 배양하고자 야구캠프를 진행할 계획입니다. 이 캠프를 통해 스포츠정신을 배양하고 다양한 스킬을 연마함으로 아이들이 운동의 즐거움 배우는데 목적을 하고 있습니다. 참가 학생들이 가족분들, 친구들과 함께 이번 기회를 통해 스포츠로 인한 즐거움을 한껏 누릴수 있기를 바랍니다. 본 농구캠프의 구체적인 사항은 아래와 같습니다.
Sunday- March 19, March 26, April 9, & April 16
03월19일, 03월26일, 04월09일, 04월16 일 ( 4번의 일요일)
To register for the Baseball Camp, please download the attached registration form: baseball_camp_form.docx
ACAMIS Mongolia Basketball Tournament
QISS Week 22 Photo Highlights
Click the link below to see some highlights from Pre-K and Kindergarten this week.
UPCOMING EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- February 20-24: Festival of Words
- February 23: Open House Tour
- February 24: Q3 Progress Reports
- February 27: 2nd ASAP Session begins
- March 8: Teacher In-service/ Student Half Day
- March 10-12: QISS MUN
- March 13-17: Upper School Week-without-Walls Trips
- March 24: End of Quarter 3
- March 25: Q3 Key Assignments
- March 30: Q3 Report Cards