Dear QISS Families and Friends,
We hope you enjoyed this weekend's Key Assignments. We've seen many wonderful examples of inquiry-based learning, and the authentic assessments that act as the culminating experience of the inquiry process.
Some of the creative examples of Key Assignments we saw this Unit of Inquiry are;
- Grade 8 QISS and QCIE's "Comic-con Quest for Justice", where students shared their own comic books, and members of the audience got to ask probing questions before deciding whether or not to "buy" the comic using tokens provided by the teachers.
- Grade 11's "The Trials of Genghis Khan".
- Grade 12's "Poet Study".
- "Sharing is Caring": Pre-K and Kindergarten's inquiry into sharing the planet and caring for the environment.
- A "travelogue photo essay" by Grade 11, highlighting their work during the Week without Walls trips.
- Grade 3's "Dinosaur Museum", looking at animal adaptations and dinosaurs.
- Grade 4's "Trading Game", where they examined plants and natural resources at work.
- Grade 5's " Chinese animal and plant newspapers"
- An "Introduction to MUN" by the High School MUN students and Ms. Parkinson.
- An Upper School theatre and Language Arts presentation on "Fate vs. Free Will: How Tone Affects a Play's Mood".
- An "Age of Exploration" court case being held by Grade 5
- A fully developed yoga studio designed by the students of Grades 4 and 7, where parents had an opportunity to practice their yoga skills.
- The culmination of Dr. Kim's "MathCounts" Math Competition for grades 9 to 12.
The deep learning and demonstration of real-life skills on display today is made possible by backwards planning, the inquiry process, and Key Assignments.
Annual Parent Satisfaction Survey
We are happy to announce that the 2017 QISS Annual Parent Satisfaction Survey is now being conducted. At QISS, we believe that positive outcomes for our students is our greatest measure of success. We work hard every day to ensure we are providing the best possible education for your children. We also believe that in order to ensure we continue to provide the quality educational environment you expect, parent feedback is critical. Please provide us with your valuable opinions in this annual parent satisfaction survey.
For the first time ever, the Annual Parent Satisfaction Survey will be released both as a paper copy, and an online survey. We want to make it as convenient as possible for parents to give us their feedback.
The online survey is going live on Saturday, March 25th. The paper copy will be sent home with students on Monday, March 27th. It is important that each family only respond to the survey once. This is to make sure we do not receive duplicate data, and that the data we receive is accurate and valid. If you have completed the online survey, do not respond to the paper survey.
The survey will close on Friday, April 14th, and results will be shared with the community in a Community Meeting on Friday, May 17th.
Once again, thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are confident that in collaboration with our community, QISS will continue to be the best international school in Qingdao.
학부모님께2017년 정기 학부모 만족도 설문조사가 실시됨을 알려드립니다. QISS에서의 학생들의 긍정적 결과는 본교 성공의 중요한 척도가 됩니다. 저희는 학생들에게 최고의 교육환경을 제공하고자 최선을 다하고 있습니다. 여러분이 기대하시는 수준높은 교육환경을 제공하기 위하여 저희는 매년 학부모만족도 조사를 통하여 여러분의 소중한 의견을 받고 있습니다.
저희는 올해 처음으로 학부모 만족도 설문조사를 지면과 온라인 두가지 방식을 통해 시도할 예정입니다. 학부모님께서 두가지중 하나의 편리한 방식으로 설문조사에 응해주시길 바랍니다.
온라인 설문조사는 3월25일 토요일부터 참여 가능합니다. 지면으로 된 설문지는 각가정으로 3월27일 월요일에 발송될 예정입니다. 각가정에서는 두가지 방법중 한가지를 택하셔서 설문에 응헤주시기를 다시한번 부탁드립니다. 이는 데이타의 정확성을위해 주의해주실 사항입니다. 만약 온라인설문조사에 응하셨을경우 각가정으로 배송되는 설문지에 응하지 않음에 유의해 주시기 바랍니다.
본 설문조사는 4월14일 금요일에 마감되며 그 결과는 5월17일 금요일에 커뮤니티 미팅을 통하여 공개할 예정입니다.
다시한번 여러분의 소중한 의견에 감사의 말씀 드립니다. 각 커뮤니티간의 협력을 통하여 QISS는 청도 최고의 국제학교로서의 면모를 유지해 나아 갈 것입니다.
~ QISS School Development Department
Please enjoy these compilation videos from the recent Upper School Week without Walls trips;
Grade 6 Trip to Taishan
Grades 7 & 8 Trip to Henan
Grades 9 & 20 Trip to Xi'an
Grades 11 & 12 Trip to Yunnan
UPCOMING EVENTS, ACTIVITIES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- March 30: Q3 Report Cards
- April 3-7: Tomb Sweeping and Spring Break
- April 8: ACT
- April 17: Science Fair
- April 18-19: Student-Led Conferences / Half Day
- April 20-22: ACAMIS Soccer at QISS
- April 28: ACAMIS MathQuest and Rubik's Cube Tournament at QISS